Bloomsbury Fashion Central delivers instant access to scholarly research, iconic images, and quality textbooks in fashion and textiles. Fairchild Books’ dynamic STUDIOs, the Fairchild Books Library, and the Fashion Photography Archive will be a complete and comprehensive resource for every fashion scholar when paired with the newly rebranded Berg Fashion Library (exclusively distributed by Oxford University Press).
Interested? Register to get updates and free trials.
Fairchild Books Goes Digital
Launching in early 2015. Fairchild Books has a long history of excellence in textbook publishing for fashion education. With Bloomsbury Fashion Central, Fairchild Books goes digital.
- Instant Access: For the first time, students can rent or purchase digital and print versions of textbooks, access ancillary materials, and research topics on the same platform. The new platform will also make it a snap for professors to order exam copies and access instructor materials.
- STUDIOs: The new online STUDIOs are specially developed to complement our textbooks with rich media ancillaries, such as self-quizzes with personalized results, flashcards, and timelines that students can adapt to their visual learning styles.
Fairchild Books Library
Fairchild Books’ eBooks available on an institutional subscription.
- 140+ textbooks available digitally as a comprehensive library of fashion resources
- DRM-free: download and print without rights restrictions
- Full text plus new STUDIOs available
- Only available outside North America
Fashion Photography Archive
Launching early 2016. Designed specifically for students and researchers, the Fashion Photography Archive is a fully searchable and meticulously indexed resource never before published on the internet, containing over 600,000 high-quality runway, backstage, and street style images, hundreds of articles, and audio and video resources. As Chief Curator and Editor-in-Chief, Valerie Steele, an internationally renowned scholar and director of the Museum of FIT in New York, is commissioning expert original commentary on the Archive’s treasures to provide important background context and unrivaled insight into the world of fashion for the launch collection.
Berg Fashion Library*
Winner of the 2011 Dartmouth Medal for Outstanding Reference
“The leading source of information for anyone working in, researching, or studying fashion.”— CHOICE
“The true showstopper in this field.” —Library Journal
Incorporating the Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion, this unique portal offers users cross-searchable access to an expanding range of essential resources, and is updated three times a year to keep students, scholars and professionals at the cutting edge of their subject.
*Available exclusively from Oxford University Press